Why should I choose GMT?
- GMT offers students the opportunity to not only shadow doctors, but to also assist them by tempting to do clinical exams, diagnostics, prescriptions orders, etc.
Is it safe?
- Staff members will always be accompanying you as your safety is our priority.
How much does it cost?
- Program: $1205 US
- Airfare: $500 – $2000 depending on the purchase timing
- Extra money to bring: $100-200
What can I do to alleviate the costs?
- Buy airfare tickets extra early.
- Take a bus to Toronto, Burlington, New York or another city closer to Panama/Nicaragua/Dominican Republic and take a plane from there.
Am I travelling alone or with other students?
- It is your responsibility to arrive to Panama/Nicaragua/Dominican Republic on the specified day. You can travel by yourself or with other students. If you want to travel with other students, we will put you in contact so you can organize your trip together.
What if I get sick?
- You will be well surrounded by doctors. Don’t worry about that!
Is there any local volunteering opportunity?
- GMT is offering students the opportunity to volunteer locally at the Montreal General Hospital, a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in the healthcare field. For more information, click on the tab On-Campus Events.